March 26th, 2011
Archive for the ‘Releases’ Category
March 16th, 2011
The long-awaited Glo Premium will be released on March 28th, with Mac and PC compatibility! Glo Premium will be available in Christian bookstores nationwide (find a store), other fine online retailers, and also here on the Glo Bible store.
How it will work:
- The new Glo Premium box on 3/28 will have hybrid Mac/PC discs with the option to install all Glo media on your computer.
Existing Glo Users:
- Any existing Glo users will be able to access their media & translations on up to 5 devices (Mac, PC and iPad, with iPhone coming soon by simply logging-in on that device.
- This means if you bought the full version of Glo (march 28th, or any time in the past), you have access to all available Glo Premium features and media across your personal devices.
- Glo will be made available as a FREE download across all platforms (Mac, PC , and iPad/iPhone coming soon). Later this month, existing users can get the free download from Globible.com, and login using their Glo account to access their Premium content.
New Glo Users:
- Download Glo FREE across all platforms (Mac, PC , and iPad/iPhone coming soon). New users can download and register to receive Glo Lite, which will include the full Bible and select media samples, with an in-app store for upgrades.
Some features are compatible with particular platforms. For example, you can only create customized Bible Reading Plans on PC and Mac computers. As we approach the launch, we will release a product matrix to show which features work on which platform.
Anyone excited for the Mac & iPad releases?
November 5th, 2010
We are excited that the newest Glo update has been released and is available for immediate download. These are some incredible new features that will help you experience the Bible, and share those experiences with others. Update v2.0 includes::
ESV and The Message
Glo now includes the popular English Standard Version (ESV) and The Message translations, all linked by verse to the world of Glo media. Access them from any scripture page using the translation pull-down in the top center menu.
Enhanced Journal, New Presentation Tool
A complete rework of the Journal allows you to drag-and-drop to create simple presentations for use in sermons, classes or Bible studies. You can now add notes to photos, virtual tours, artwork, videos, maps and articles and incorporate them seamlessly into your Journal.
FIND added to the Atlas and Timeline Lenses
A FIND field now narrows down places, events and topics as you type in the Timeline, Atlas and Topical lenses. (TIP: After typing, press “return” to see all the content related to the narrowed down results in the media grid)
Faster Install, Streaming Media Option
A new installation option allows you to either stream the complete library of high-resolution media or install it on your computer. This is great news for users with limited computer disc space.
And as always, stability and performance upgrades improve your overall experience with Glo.
To get the update, simply launch Glo and it will automatically check for the latest release!
May 27th, 2010
Today we released Glo version 1.8.0, which includes an improved Help Tool and many behind-the-scenes performance enhancements. Help now includes screen captures, Glo tips, and expanded instructions to help you get the most from Glo. Just click the Help”?” icon, which is located in the top right navigation for easy access.
We encourage you to explore Help and watch Glo tutorial videos on our website to learn handy tips and tricks!
May 3rd, 2010
One of the enhanced features included in today’s 1.7.0 release of Glo is a “select all” tool in the media lens. When viewing search results or clicking a media container, Glo often delivers large sets of results. By clicking the “All” button located in the bottom of each column, you will instantly select everything in that column and bring up the wheel menu to manipulate those items.
For example, the results for the topic of “marriage” includes more than 100 Scripture passages. Now, you can press “All” in the Scripture column to select them and create a reading plan, view in the Bible lens, or filter the results further.
By popular request, we added another handy feature to the media lens: Scripture search results now display in your selected Bible translation. Simply set your default translation in the Bible lens and Glo does the rest!
Version 1.7.0 also includes other feature enhancements that make your Glo experience more smooth, robust and stable.
What do you think of the new “select all” feature?