August 17th, 2011

Atlas comes to the iPad and iPhone – FREE!

Release_Header2

The Atlas is here and it’s now available on your iPad and iPhone.

Glo for iPad and iPhone now has a 3rd lens available for free, bringing a fun new way to explore the world of the Bible! The Glo Atlas lens links geographic locations directly to Bible verses, articles and Glo media over a zoomable atlas. Tapping on locations reveals photos, 360-degree virtual tours, artwork and scripture related to the location of choice.

In addition to the Atlas lens, this new update brings a streamlined Media lens, giving you an easier and faster way to access media in Glo. This updated Media Lens is available on all Glo platforms – iPad, iPhone, Mac and PC.

Watch this video to see the Atlas Lens in action.

How do I get it?

• • iPad/iPhone – open your App Store and update today!
  • • Mac/PC – Simply launch Glo and click ‘update’.
  • • Want Glo on multiple platforms? Download now!
  • Upgrade in-app to get even more Glo!
    Glo Premium has access to 3500+ media elements linked to the entire Bible, plus the ESV and Message translations all installed on up to 5 devices including Mac, PC, iPad or iPhone.

Give your friends a free Bible!
    There is so much to love about Glo! Make sure your friends know they can get Glo Lite FREE, with the full NIV translation on Mac, PC, iPad or iPhone.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Posterous
  • Propeller
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter

6 Responses to “Atlas comes to the iPad and iPhone – FREE!”

1. Rouven says:

So when will the MAC-Version get this new Media Lens? My PC updated correctly but on my MAC the Updater doesn’t show it yet….

• Peter says:

Hey Rouven – sorry you’re having trouble. Mind sharing some more info? What country are you in? Did you download from the globible.com website or somewhere else? When you have the app running, and you go in the top menu to GloBible>About Glo, what do you see?

Thanks!

• Rouven says:

I’m from Germany. I downloaded the latest Lite version in July from this homepage when I transitioned to Mac. Then I upgraded to the full Version with my Glo-Key from the Windows-Version(I only have the old Windows Discs from late 2008).

I solved the problem for me by deleting the old dmg file and redownloading the new Installer from the homepage. But it’s still am mystery why the old installation didn’t find the update…

• Peter says:

Hey Rouven – yes, a mystery. Keep an eye on it and if you have the problem again, please let us know. Thanks for using Glo!

2. Otujinrin S Tola says:

I want the glo Bible download on. My phone but not support ed . My phone type is T MOBILE. G1 HTC pls help me. God bless you

• Peter says:

Hi there! Glo is currently only available on iPhone, iPad, Mac and PC. We are looking to add other devices in the future. Thanks!