December 24th, 2009
Merry Christmas! Last night we released a great new update which includes (among other things) the first stage of Glo’s customizable Bible Reading Plans. Features include the ability to:
- Follow Bible plans at your own pace: It’s Bible study your way … you choose the amount of reading or even the theme.
- Create custom plans from any section of content: Select anything you’re interested in and from the menu choose “Create Bible Reading Plan.” It’s that easy.
- Set your pace and goals: Choose to spend 15 minutes reading each day, or choose to read your selection in a month. Glo will auto-adjust the pace or goal to meet your needs.
- Track your progress: See where you are in relation to the goals you’ve set for yourself.
Get started today and find the plan that fits your life! And let us know what you think!
Here’s a sample idea on how to create and use a Bible Reading Plan:
Go to topical and find the holiday of Christmas (tip: typing Christmas into the “find” field at the top is quickest).
Right-click drag to create a selection and select Christmas. Choose “Create Bible Reading Plan”.
Perhaps since today is Christmas Eve, you want to read the verses related to Christmas in the next 2 days. Setting your goal to 2 days will auto-adjust how much time you should spend per-day to reach your goal. Name the plan, and get started.
Once you’ve started, Glo will show you where to begin and end reading. Pressing the “Next” arrow will take you to the next segment of Scripture. Glo will alert you when you’ve completed your goal reading for the day.
As you read, if there is media or an article you want to view, feel free to explore it. The Reading Plan Toolbar in the bottom will always be there to bring you back on track.
That’s just one way to use Glo’s reading plans. You can create plans however you wish – topics, time periods, segments of the Bible – or even through complex filtered results (i.e. the words of Jesus in Jerusalem during the passion week). The possibilities are really exciting!
In addition to the reading plan, we’ve also released:
- Animated Maps initial release – these maps have voiceover and animated arrows to help bring the stories to life
- Holiday topics (including Christmas, Advent, Easter and more)
- General fixes and feature enhancements
As with any update, just double-click the icon on your desktop and Glo will automatically grab any new updates.
From all of us at Immersion Digital, may you find Christ this holiday season. Merry Christmas!