October 19th, 2012

The Free gift for the month of October is…

Season of Giving: October

The FREE October gift from Glo is the New King James Version Translation, a $4.99 value! If you were a registered Glo user before noon on 10/19/12, your gift has been delivered, and is available in-app!

This gift is good for both Lite and Premium users on iPad and iPhone, and available NOW when you launch Glo!

Where will the NKJV work?

Currently the NKJV is compatible with the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. We will be adding Mac and PC support in the future, and don’t worry, the gift will still be there for you Mac and PC users when it launches!
A big thank you to Thomas Nelson Publishers for making this possible!

Launch Glo now to see your new translation!

Did you miss it?

If you missed out, don’t worry. November is just a month away, and we will have another great gift to give then! The NKJV is still available for purchase at a discounted “Fall Sale” price of $2.99. Download and register Glo today!

A big thank you to Thomas Nelson Publishers for making this possible!

Launch Glo now to see your new translation!

Don’t see it?

If you don’t see the NKJV right away, try these steps:
1) open a new Bible session. Open the left menu and tap “Bible”. Navigate to a verse. Tap the translation pulldown and see if NKJV appeared.
2) Close the app. Double tap the “home” button on your device so recent apps appear. Tap and hold the Glo Bible icon and press the X to close. Re-launch the app. Dive into a verse and pull down the translation menu to choose NKJV.

If still having issues, please contact support: http://bit.ly/glosupport

Share and Enjoy:
  • Posterous
  • Propeller
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter

52 Responses to “The Free gift for the month of October is…”

1. Albert Shih says:

I would like NKJV as Oct. give from you. Thanks.

• Peter says:

Hi – if you were registered before 10/19, you should already have it on your iPad and iPhone. Simply follow the instructions above and you should see it!

2. Grace says:

Nope, not there. Do I need to sync or something?

• Peter says:

Hi Grace. Please try the following:

Let us know if that works!

3. Laurie says:

No NKJV either

• Peter says:

Hi Laurie – try these steps:

Let us know if that works.

4. David Kim says:

Thank u!! I wnat a bibleman for this nkjv

5. Joseph says:

Why does PC continue to get left out?

6. Michael says:

I have been registered for some time – and upon launching Glo on my iPhone, I still do not have the NKJV available.

Is there some kind of glitch, or other issue?

• Peter says:

Hi Michael – try these steps:

Let us know if it works

7. Rick says:

When will it be available for Mac and will it still be free?

• Peter says:

Rick – We dont’ have a launch date for Mac and PC yet. Yes, you have this entitlement on your account now, and will apply to all compatible devices. For example, if you logged into an iPad today, you’d see it. Hope this helps!

8. Michael C says:

Nope , not there. I have been a registered user of Premium for almost. Really would like my NKJV

• Peter says:

Hi Michael – try these steps:

Let us know if it works

9. Don says:

No NKJV

• Peter says:

Hi Don – ry these steps:

Let us know if it works

10. Scott says:

No NKJV either. And tried the instructions Peter cut and pasted above.
    Thanks!

11. Richard says:

I followed the advice abou topening a new bible session and also about closing the app. I even restarted my device, still no NKJV.

12. Lane Buckner says:

Thank you for the NKJV!

It wasn’t in my drop down and I followed youriPad instructions to close the app (not minimize it). Upon launching the app, there it was.

Y’all are great!

13. David says:

Thank you. I use a PC, so I will wait patiently. :)

Glo is terrific.

14. JEANETTE says:

Will you guys be making a Glo app for Android any time soon?

15. Johan S says:

Dear sir,

I followed the advice above and also restarted but I don’t see the nkjv on my iphone or ipad. Can you please help me. I registered this tuesday or wednesday but that’s still before October 19.

Thanks in advance, I am nicely surprised with this gift

16. George Tawfik says:

Please send me the monthly free gift God bless u

• Peter says:

Hi George – if you were registered, you should already have it on your iPad and iPhone. Simply follow the instructions above and you should see it!

17. Adrien says:

Wanted to say thank you for NKJV , had no problem opening it on my iPad once again thanks and blessings to all of you and your families

18. Pam Strickland says:

Thank you so much! I worked perfectly! God Bless you all!

19. Valerie says:

I would have enjoyed recieving the free NKJV. However, your email was sent to my email address at 5:00pm on Oct. 19th. The offer deadline was 12:00pm on Oct. 19th. I am a premium member – bad customer service!

• Peter says:

Hi Valerie! Maybe you misunderstood, if you are a registered premium user, you DID get the gift on your iPad and/or iPhone! If it’s not yet appearing, be sure to follow the instructions above. If you still have trouble, let us know

20. Stephanie says:

Just got the email yesterday, went through the steps and still no NKJV. How unnecessarily frustrating….I am a Lite member…any suggestions ?

21. David Kim says:

This app is great!!!

22. Christine says:

Thank you so much foe the NKJV! Blessings to you all!!

23. Christine says:

This is a wonderful gift. Thank you.

24. John says:

Can’t find it on my iPod Touch.

25. Chuck says:

I wish it would have came out on PC first… I don’t have an ipad or iphone, i only have PC and an Android phone. Wish i could get glo on my android also! but i enjoy having my big computer screen to use it. I have been wanting NKJV since glo first launched when i per-ordered the software. It came out for PC first, i wish the updates like this would launch for PC fist also! … but ill wait patiently :) Thanks for the gift though… Hopefully i can get it soon :)

26. Kathy says:

It’s Christmas in October!!! What a lovely gift… THANK YOU!!!!
    You are awesome! (whoever you are ;)

27. Brad says:

I’m a premium user and did not get the version. If I hit the x on my ipad it will delete the app. Oddly enough my wife’s ipad has the new version.

• Peter says:

Hi Brad – just want to close it out of your “recent apps”. When you double tap to reveal the recent apps, and x out of there, it will not delete the app, it will simply close it completely. Please try this and turn your device off and back on. If you are still having trouble, please contact support who can help you further. Sorry for your trouble. http://bit.ly/glosupport

28. Brad says:

If I hit the x it will delete the app. My wife has the new version. I’m a premium user. Is there a way to download the version?

29. John says:

Tried again and there it was. Don’t know why didn’t work first time but does work now. Thanks for the gift.

30. Nakisha says:

Thanks for the free version!!!
    Will you be making this available through Android as well.?

31. Joyce says:

Thanks for the new version , I am excited to use it at church and personal time.
    I am not able to get it to load on my sister’s iPad 3, she has been registrated since Sept 2012,
    Can I contact a tect person for help.

32. Linda says:

Thank you for a gift I didn’t even realize I had! After reading this email, I opened up my Glo & there it was- a click away on my iPad – thank you for your generous gift, & for making such a user friendly version of the Bible on the go for any & everyone. I’ve sent notes to many friends suggesting this fabulous app.